Monday, December 27, 2010

LIGHT'S OUT

  On my Christmas travels to West Tennessee, I spent the night at my Mother-in-Laws' house in Gleason, TN. At the end of her road is a house that has been abandoned for approximately 25 years.  I took the opportunity Sunday afternoon to explore this house and take several photos.
  This light switch really caught my eye. Don't know why, it just did. It was in the main hallway that connected every room in the house and ran straight from the front door to the back door.
  I guess the attraction of the switch was that it was really the only part of the house that looked both like it could be used and like it was just as decayed as the rest of the house. Around the corner was a rectangular hole that looked like it once held another light switch that has since been taken out or was never put in.
  I had a great time exploring this house with the exception of now windows or doors blocking the wind with sub-freezing temps outside.  I will post at least one more from this house in the coming days.

Details: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, ISO 100, 3 exposure HDR at f/5.0

1 comment: