Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CONASAUGA FALLS

  Was trying to post a Christmas shot tonight but none of the shots I took looked post-worthy. So I decided to reach back into my archives and go to a much warmer climate.  Today's post is Conasauga Falls in Tellico Plains, TN.
  It is not the most difficult set of waterfalls I've had to find, but the 1.5 mile hike down to it is slightly rough. Coming back up the mountain will take the wind out of you as well.  It is well worth the hike, though. I hiked by myself back into this virtual paradise of a location back in the fall and even though the water levels were down considerably, it was breathtaking.  There are several different levels even further back from where my shot was.
  Two weeks after I made the trek, the entire family hiked back here with me and in the spring when the green comes out and the water levels are back up, I will spend a lot of time here.

Details: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 @ 28mm, polarizer filter, 3 exposure HDR at f/16

No comments:

Post a Comment