Friday, December 31, 2010

 Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 @54mm, polarizer, ND8 neutral density filter, ISO 100, single image HDR, f/22, 30sec.
  After 3 years of staring at these silos waiting for a decent scene for them to be photographed in, I finally got my chance this morning.
  These pair of silos sit about 200 yards away right out of my back door. The entire time we have been in our sub-division, they have dared me to take shots of them, but there has not been a background or angle that I liked until this morning.
  When I took my dogs out a little after 7:00am I noticed the wonderful cloud formations taking place right behind the silos and knew I had to run back in and get my gear (I did finish with the dogs, though).  The clouds were moving very fast and were very dark to the west but great sunlight coming from the east.
  The shot at the top of the post was one of the first I took by putting a polarizer and ND8 neutral density filter on the lens.  This allowed me to use a 30 second exposure and blur the clouds. My kind of shot!
  The pic below was one of the last ones I took without and filters on the lens. I was bracketing shots for HDR.  It was the -2 of one of those brackets. It really shows what kind of formations the clouds were demonstrating. 
  What a great way to start New Year's Eve. Everyone have a great and safe 2011!
 Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 @48mm, ISO 100, single image HDR, f/22, 1/8sec.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment