Thursday, February 23, 2012

ESCAPING THE SURF

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, ISO 100, f/16, 1/20 second
  One of the main things that stood out to me when Erik Kerstenbeck and I were shooting at Crystal Pier was the reflection the wet sand and surf. It was awesome.
  I tried all evening to catch this reflection, especially when the sun came out the sunset was so colorful. It seemed like I was also drawn to the scattering of kelp that littered the beach and seemed to be trying to escape the surf to stay on land. Even though I know that wasn't the case, it sure did seem like it. I photographed this little piece of kelp for a few minutes before I caught the water rushing back out to sea with a small trail behind it. Thus the kelp eluded the raging surf again. I also captured a bright reflection of the sunset and of Crystal Pier in the retreating water and sand.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like the beach at sunset man.

    Reminds me I need to go shoot the pier...

    ReplyDelete