Sunday, July 24, 2011

WILDCAT REFLECTION

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 30mm, ISO 400, f/11, 0.5 sec
  As I was inching my way out of the jagged rock cascades at Wildcat Overlook, I happened to take a look upstream along the shoreline.  I noticed this neat curved branch with little or no leaves on it turning over and pointing down at the river.  That tree combined with the tree overhanging directly over me created a natural framing of the scened.
  Between me and the branch was a pool that created a separation of rock formations that was reflecting the lush green leaves from the trees on both banks of the river.   This reflection was beautiful so I placed a small cascade of water in my foreground and my frame was made.
  The bright green of the leaves and reflection contrast against the dark rocks perfectly.  As I have said many times, the rocks and their formations along the Tellico River are what I love about the place. All these waterfalls and cascades are formed by them and they give the waterways in the forest a personality. I love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment