Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DETERMINATION

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @19mm, ISO 100, f/20, 1.6 sec.
  Every photographer runs into an image that he/she is extremely excited about and tries to take only to have something wrong with it when they go to processing it.
  Today's post is a result of this happening not just the one time, but twice before a third attempt resulted in what I was looking for.
  A few weeks ago, when Tim Owens and myself were at Bald River Falls, I set this shot up and was so excited about it that I couldn't wait to view it on the computer. When I got there, the lens had been covered in water droplets and the shot was ruined.
  The next week we were back there and I set up and shot it again. When I processed the image I wasn't happy with the way the foreground cascade came out. Strike two.
  Tonight, Jocy and I were back at the falls and I set it up again. Third time is a charm.
  I only think I've run into the same situation from another vantage point tonight that I was extremely excited about only to see a large water droplet on the lens in the shots. Oh well, on my next visit,....

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Jerry, this happens to me ALL the time. As a matter of fact, yesterday at the park I carefully spent an hour or so taking shots. Only to come home and going through them one after another, there was *something* not quite right about 99% of them. I guess this gives us practice, eh? This is an AWESOME image, my friend. The natural crisp beauty in the backdrop there is totally contrasted by the fluidity of the falls at the front here; top drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that happen so many times it's not even funny anymore! Great job finally getting the image you wanted, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete