Thursday, June 16, 2011

LUCKY STRIKE

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, ISO 100, f/20, 10 sec.
  Storms rolled through East Tennessee yesterday evening and lightning was everywhere. Unfortunately, I was inside typing up my blog.
  I received a text from my wife, who was at work, and she asked me if I was out taking pictures of the lightning.  I said no, but what a great idea.
  I proceeded outside with my gear and as usual when I try to photograph lightning, it stopped. I was completely frustrated. 
  My persistence paid off, however, and after about a 1/2 hour this strike happened with the shutter open. At the same time this one hit, there was a huge branch to my right that was out of the frame. I'll be happy with this one, though.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Jerry, that's awesome! I love all the delicate tendrils you see coming off the main bolt there, they are awesome. It's amazing to think of how much power Mother Nature has, and you've really captured the core essence of this in your picture today! Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture, although I bet it scared the mess out of the person whose backyard it struck in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be pleased with that as well, great capture

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is an awesome capture! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great catch Jer! Well done brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! Looks like little capillaries branching off of it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, great job! This is pretty nice! Congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete