Sunday, October 21, 2012

FOGGY FALL COLOR

ISO 100, f/20, 1/10 second, 29mm
  Boy what a great morning of photography in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains.
  First of all, it was my first nature photography excursion since getting my new Canon T3i camera on Friday. What a great little camera. Light years better than that of my XS, not that I didn't like my XS and will probably use it when I get it repaired. I shot all day long at a cheerleading competition the day before and just using the T3i syncing with my flash was amazing. Love the flip-out, rotating LCD screen as well. Just a handy little all-around camera.
  There wasn't a great deal of fall color left in Cades Cove when I arrived this morning. There was, however, a lot of ground fog, which was awesome and created great atmosphere. I did find this grouping of colorful trees as I just turned onto Hyatt Lane and with the fog hovering in the background just had to stop and shoot here.
  I always love using the cross-roads in the cove as leading lines. Especially when they have these awesome fence posts along the roadway.

1 comment: