Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LUNCHTIME FLIGHT

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Canon 100-400 f/4.0L IS lens @ 400mm, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec.
  Last Tuesday my friend Bob Whitehair lent me his Canon L Series 100-400 IS lens for my trip to Parris Island, SC.  On my lunch  hour I went outside to play around with this unbelievable lens.
  I was following a couple of Canada Geese around the break area when I heard a few honks coming from my right out over the lake. I quickly pushed the zoom out to 400mm and tracked 2 geese flying across the lake.
  The noon-day sun was extremely harsh on the scene but the lens tracked those flying geese fantastically despite being hand held. What an incredible lens.  It is very heavy which I learned the hard way at the Marine graduation, but the Image Stabilization is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Tack sharp, Jerry, gosh that's one great lens! What a fantastic image, my friend, when you're done with our geese, can ya send them back? LOL

    ReplyDelete