Thursday, March 10, 2011

KAHITE SUNRISE

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, ISO 200, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/22
  Until I get a chance to get out and take some new photos I am reaching back into the archives for some blog posts.  Can't believe I've waited until now to post this one.
  When school lets out for summer vacation I get some free time in the mornings to shoot sunrises because I am not getting my kids to school. I don't know how many times I have been dropping my daughter off at school and looked up to see an incredible sunrise go by without me taking pictures of it.
  Back in June I was able to find this one from almost the identical spot that I took OVERTIME. Had some neat cloud formations and nice reflection with the sun just peaking over the hilltops.
  Enlisted the help of brother Jim with some HDR processing on viola.

4 comments:

  1. Great work man! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good LORD, this is awesome! I love the reflection in the water there, that's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't usually see such a pure deep red in a sunrise shot. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, Toad, and Anonymous thank you for the kind words. Mark I think the June humidity combined with the low position of the sun might have been cause for the redness. Lots of beautiful sunrises here. Very lucky.

    ReplyDelete