Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RED BARN FOG


  Today's post is another of my older shots that I posted to Facebook a while back. With the creation of my photo blog and the opportunity to share with different people, I wanted to post it here as well.
  Fall mornings in the south are awesome. Cool nights with heavy dew followed by warm days usually result in the sun burning the dew into fog even before the sun rises above the horizon. This makes for some dramatic scenery.
  On the way to pick up my wife from work one of these fall mornings I couldn't help but stop at this pond and capture the fog rising off of it in front of this little red barn.  I have taken pictures of this barn before but it had been 9 or 10 years ago, before digital.
  This day the brown algae had formed up on the surface of the water as well and lent itself perfectly to the foreground of the shot. I set my tripod at it's lowest setting in order to place the algae large in the foreground.
  The trees and shoreline of the pond entering in from each side help draw the attention to this little red barn. 
  I passed by this barn again this morning and the pond was completely frozen with snow on the banks. Maybe this calls for a winter visit as well.

Details: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 @ 28mm, 3 exposure HDR @f/8.0
 

No comments:

Post a Comment