Thursday, December 29, 2011

PUMP HOUSE DOCK

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, Polarizer, ND8, ND400, ISO 100, f/20, 25 sec.
  When Jim Denham and I were photographing down at the Springville Pump House in Springville, TN the day after Christmas, I walked over to this dock and perused around at the bottom looking for an angle to shoot it. Nothing really jumped out at me.
  Then Jim went up on the hill above it and started shooting. I followed him there and the reflection from that vantage point was fantastic. Jim started framing by centering the dock in the shot. I, however, more excited about leading the dock into the frame from the lower left corner. I think this works well with the direction the clouds were traveling.
  I continued here with stacking my filters and shooting with long shutters. You can see how slow these clouds were moving by the fact that they are not blurred that much with a 25 second shutter speed.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great shot! I too live in Tennessee (Nashville to be exact) and the surrounding areas are amazing and wonderful to photograph!

    ReplyDelete