Sunday, December 18, 2011

HUNTING ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, ISO 400, f/14, 1/320 sec.
  Was going through some old raw images that were stored on my work laptop and ran across some shots from Hunting Island, SC that I took last spring.  I processed an HDR of this lighthouse that I really liked but all of this was before I purchased Photoshop Elements.
  With Elements and being able to utilize layering, burning, and brushing, which I didn't have the ability to do beforehand, I just had to give one of these shots another go. 
  Hunting Island was gorgeous and I want to go back there. The lighthouse, Live Oaks with Spanish Moss, Palm Trees, & white sandy beach were beautiful. I would love to venture all over the island and see more.
  My favorite part of this image is the neat tree on the right and how it wraps itself up and points directly at the lighthouse which has the late evening sunlight striking the left side of it as well as the trees below and to the right of it.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely image Jerry! Looks like a really beautiful place to go!

    ReplyDelete