Friday, June 22, 2012

BLOOMING & ROARING

f
ISO 400, f/14, 3.2 Seconds, 19mm
  My mother is always talking about how beautiful Rhododendron are. I have never seen one bloom until just a couple weeks ago and I would have to say that I agree with her.
  Yesterday, while photographing at the Roaring Fork Motor and Nature Trail in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the Rhododendron were absolutely taking over. This picture that I have posted today was the first stop along the trail and these Rhododendron were hanging just perfectly so that I could place them as a frame on the left side of the image opposite this lovely waterfall. The trees in the background were also blooming and connect the foreground and background together.
  Later posts will show just how awesome the blooming trees were in the Smokies.

2 comments: