Thursday, April 7, 2011

SMOKY FALLS

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, Polarizer Filter, ISO 400, f/11, 1/3 sec.
  I love my daughter!
  Most of the time I am on my own when I photograph and I never realize how much more fun it is when someone comes along.  Jocy loves to go with me on my little excursions to the Cherokee National Forest and today was another one of those times when she tagged along.
  We drove a little while down River Rd when we noticed a zig-zag shaped little waterfall on the opposite side of the road from the river.  We turned around and pulled off to photograph it.
  After I climbed up to a higher vantage point, where I took the photo in today's post, I noticed that Jocy had put my waders on and was having a fabulous time stomping and splashing all through the small stream.  She was making me laugh at how simple a thing like splashing in the water in those boots entertained her.  It was great fun in addition to a finding a wonderful place to photograph.
  When we left that spot we were on our way to Bald River Falls. We both had to use the rest room though and drove past them on to Baby Falls where there were some rest rooms. When we finished I let here take some shots of me on the rocks by the river.  She then posed for me to fire off several shots.
  When we finally got to Bald River Falls, the mist being blown off of the falls was too much for me to shoot any photos without the front of the lens being covered by water.  Even on the bridge.  It was raining at the falls even though it was a sunny, blue sky day.  We did enjoy the climb down under the bridge to water level even though I never took the camera out of the bag.
  With darkness falling, we headed back home after about 2 hours of exploring, photographing, and goofing around. 
  The phrase "Time flies when you're having fun" sure did apply this evening. 
Jocy posing for me
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/60 sec.

1 comment:

  1. Another great waterfall image. I never tire of these, especially living in the desert and all.

    ReplyDelete