Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BUMBLE BEE

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Canon 50mm 1.8 II lens, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/400 sec.
  Saturday evening all of my wife's flowers were blooming and there wasn't a whole lot of wind so I put the fast 50 on the old Canon and went out into the front yard to get up close and personal with them.
  Much to my surprise, a bumble bee was moving between all of these yellow flowers.  If I moved much to get close the bee would leave the flower, circle, and then come back. After a few minutes I think it realized that I wasn't a threat and let me get a little closer while it was inspecting the flowers.
  I got several shots of this colorful scene but really fell in love with this one. The bee was about to take off again when I snapped it and caught the inner part of it's wings in focus while the outer part of the wing was blurred from the flapping motion.  It also looks like the bee is looking at me. Which might explain why it was taking off.

1 comment:

  1. Astounding Jerry! REALLY great composition and DOF on this photo today! I also really love your blog and how you write, it truly adds a ton to the experience for us. Great work my good friend....

    ReplyDelete