Sunday, February 10, 2013

TURQUOIS

ISO 100, f/20, 1/3 second, -1 EV, 19mm
  Spent this morning in the Cherokee National Forest with Alex Banakas photographing the sunrise at Turkey Creek Overlook on the Cherohala Skyway and then shooting waterfalls along River Rd.
  Alex had some prior family commitments that had him leave about 10:30. When he dropped me off I drove back towards the start of River Rd and stopped at a wonderful spot that I have shot at many times.
Normally, I wouldn't have dreamed of taking this shot with the sun striking the water but the photography rebel in me was determined to take a shot here. I stacked a polarizer, 3 Stop ND, & a Graduated 3 stop ND filter on the lens and bracketed a set of shots.
  I was sitting on a large rock to take the picture and right where the water broke off of the rock the water was a teal color that just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment