Monday, May 21, 2012

IN TUNE

ISO 200, f/5, 1/200 second, 50mm
  Got to playing around with some remote strobes yesterday to kill some time and experiment.
  This is my wife's Yamaha acoustic guitar that I purchased for her 12 years ago. Most of the time it hangs on the wall. My wife tells me that over the 12 tears that she has owned it that it has never fallen out of tune. That is amazing to me. Granted I work for Yamaha (sport boats) and they pay the bills, so I should be a bit bias. But, to know that every time she pulls this off the wall she can just start playing shows the expert craftsmanship that Yamaha puts into their musical instruments. They are truly top notch.
  I placed a black fitted sheet on a spare bed and laid the guitar on the sheet with a chair holding the sheet up in the background to keep it dark and black.  I placed my flash with a remote receiver mounted on a stand directly over and turned it straight up to reflect off of the ceiling and spread out the light. A single chrome knob caught the light just right and reflected brightly. I thought this provided a neat touch (that's just my opinion).
  Can't wait to play a little more with the remote strobe lighting. This is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment