Saturday, October 15, 2011

BY THE LIGHT....

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, ISO 100, f/16, 4 minutes
  Today's post is one that I have been swearing that I was going to do and have never had the opportunity until Friday morning.
  If you look at the image without knowing what went into making it, you probably won't be that excited about it. An old barn in a yellow field of Soy Bean leaves.  Well if you look at the lens flare at the top right of the image, that isn't the sun creating it. It's the moon. And the small streak just below that lens flare is a star trail formed from holding the shutter open for 4 minutes.
  I took this photo at about 6:45am and the sun's light was just starting to crest the horizon directly behind me.  The moon was just shy of being full but was incredibly bright so I wanted the moon's light to light up my image. 4 minutes allowed the moonlight to make it look like daylight in the shot.
  The lens flare that passes over the barn on the left hand side of the image is from passing cars that came by during the exposure. Wish I could've done without it, but it doesn't deter too much from the shot.
  Very little post processing here. Just some dust removal and filtered some noise out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool image Jerry! Reading your post about it really pulls it all together. Wow, 4 minutes is a long time!

    ReplyDelete