Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MORNING LINEUP

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 32mm, ISO 100, f/16, 1/25 sec.
  One of the great things about working for a boat manufacturing company is that we have direct access to Tellico Lake.  With our docks facing the east, the sunrise always comes up opposite us and over the Smoky Mountains visible in the distance across the lake. A lot of my sunrise photos have come when I arrived at work and fire off a few shots before going in. It is quite a nice perk.
  Last week, there was a great deal of hustle and bustle at our place due to our sales and marketing group conducting their photo shoot of the new 2012 models.  18 boats and 12 personal watercraft had to be photographed as well as accessories and apparel. They are usually gone on the water around 5:30am and are not done until the sun goes down at 9:00pm and constantly pulling boats in and out of the water. It is very hectic.
  Wednesday morning there was a fantastic sunrise happening as I was driving to work. When I arrived there was fog hovering above the lake and it blocked the sunrise that I was after. A friend of mine that was involved in the photo shoot stopped and talked with me and we agreed that I missed the best part of that sunrise.
  When we got done talking I had started to turn and head into work when I noticed that the fog rose just enough to defuse the bright sun but allow a very bright reflection of it on the water across the lake. So I set back up and caught a few shots. I positioned myself so that the dock became a leading line into the frame.  The boats docked ready for the day's shoot took on some of the wonderful light that was being diverted under the fog.
  I may have missed the colorful part of the sunrise, but did catch a very dramatic light show caused by the fog. Just one more wonderful sunrise shot from a wonderful vantage point as I arrive at work in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. You've obviously got one of the best jobs in the world! I love boats, I'd have a blast working at your company there. What an awesome shot, Jerry, I totally agree about the fog and incredible light you've captured here! Exquisite image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot. I love the mist over the lake.

    ReplyDelete